Interested in Becoming a Regional Manager?
Following is a quick reference to give you an idea of what it is like to be a regional manager. As a Regional Manager, you:
- Recruit a work group so you don’t have to do everything yourself!
- Create a list of your registered team region contact people. (I created a word document with all of the emails that I could copy and paste as an email send list).
- Determine the date of the regional meet – reserve the school – and announce the date to your registered schools (November or December). I developed a website with all of the necessary information and links for registered schools.
- Require schools to send team participant names and coach names (preferably) 2 weeks prior to the regional meet. Make a spreadsheet with team member names and coach name organized by school. (Ready to print out onto name tags)
- Assign someone to oversee printing and organizing questions for all of the battles. This includes assigning room numbers.
- Assign someone to recruit volunteers. Arrange for training of volunteers. Assign roles and rooms.
- Assign someone to purchase food for volunteers and host the volunteer room.
- Have someone recruit “runners” or “room monitors” to, at least, take scores to the tabulation room.
- Have at least one or two people to tabulate scores and announce advancements. Have spread sheets created before the event to help tabulate advancements.
- Ask a local “big name” to open the ceremonies (they love to do this stuff, so don’t be shy)
- Prepare and perform welcoming speech for participants and families.
- HAVE FUN!!!
If you think you’d like to be a regional manager for your region, contact our finance chair