Welcome to the Official Oregon Battle of the Books Website!
The Oregon Battle of the Books (OBOB) is a statewide voluntary reading motivation and comprehension program sponsored by the Oregon Association of School Libraries in conjunction with a Library Services and Technology Act grant. Students in 3rd-12th grade, regardless of ability, are exposed to quality literature representing a variety of literary styles and viewpoints.
OBOB’s mission is to encourage and recognize students who enjoy reading, to broaden reading interests, to increase reading comprehension, promote academic excellence, and to promote cooperative learning and teamwork among students.
OBOB is run completely by volunteers through the Oregon Association of School Libraries (OASL) and funded partially through the Library Services and Technology Act, LSTA.
Latest News and Posts
The following dates are secure for the 2019 events listed:
March 2, 2019
Region 2 East, Elementary (3-5) – Lincoln Elementary
- Region 4 NW mini-region C Elementary (3-5) – The International School
- Region 4 SW Middle School (6-8) – Happy Valley Middle School
March 9, 2019
- Region 2 West, Elementary (3-5) – Location TBD
- Region 3 North, Elementary (3-5) – Thurston High School
- Region 7 all divisions – Sisters Middle School
March 16, 2019
- Region 3 North Middle School (6-7) – Oaklea Middle School
April 6, 2019
- State Tournament – Chemeketa Community College